You will be working as a first opinion Veterinary Surgeon to provide both medical and surgical services. The is a full time position, working 40 hours over 4 days which includes shared 1 in 4 Saturday morning duties. Part time applications will also be considered.
Carterton Veterinary Surgery opened in 2014 and is based in a spacious purpose built industrial premises. We have a strong team spirit and value our culture of supporting our clients and our team members. We offer a good first opinion service to both the clients and their pets by discussing and offering investigation and treatment options. We have a high percentage of insured clients and offer direct claim processing which allows us in many cases to investigate and treat as we would ideally wish to.
The successful applicant will be a personable, caring team player who understands the value of working within a positive client and team based culture. The applicant will be able to both work up both medical cases and treat surgical cases independently at a first opinion level.
Benefits (subject to pro rata)
• 5 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
• 5 days paid CPD leave
• £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
• Private Medical Insurance
• VDS Membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform in a number of roles
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.Apply for this job