Leo, an 18-month-old Springer Spaniel, fell seriously ill after swallowing a stone which became lodged in his small intestine.
Examinations at Isle Vet Group in Cambridgeshire revealed the blockage, and the only option was emergency surgery. Unfortunately, the surgery would have taken the costs beyond what the family could afford.
It looked like euthanasia may have to be considered when vet Alastair Barnes stepped in to use the IVC Evidensia Care Fund to save the puppy’s life. The surgery was successfully carried out at the practice and, following overnight care, Leo was able to be discharged the following morning.
You can read more about Leo’s story here