The Skilled Worker Visa system is a points-based system and you will need a score of at least 70 points. To qualify for a Skilled Worker visa, you must:
- Have a job offer from a UK employer that is an approved sponsor – IVC Evidensia is an approved Sponsor
- Be issued a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from your employer
- Your job must be on the list of eligible occupations – Vets and Veterinary Nurses are both on the list
- Be paid a minimum salary – how much will vary depending on the job role, hours of work offered, whether it is a shortage occupation. Don’t worry our team will discuss eligibility with you during the application process
- Prove you can read, write, speak and understand English to the required level – proof is in the form of particular tests, qualifications or being National of specific countries
The Skilled Worker Visa lasts for up to 5 years. After this time, you may be able to apply to extend or you will be eligible to apply to settle permanently in the UK. This gives you the right to live, work and study here for as long as you like and apply for benefits if you’re eligible.
How do I apply for a visa and how long does it take?
- You must apply online and how you apply depends on whether you’re:
- Outside the UK and are coming to the UK
- Inside the UK and extending your current visa or switching from a different visa
- You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before your start date
- As part of your application, you’ll need to prove your identity and provide your documents. How you do this depends on where you’re from and what type of passport you have
- Once you’ve applied online, proved your identity and provided your documents, you’ll usually get a decision on your visa within:
- 3 weeks, if you’re outside the UK
- 8 weeks, if you’re inside the UK
- You can include your partner and children in your application to stay in the UK if they are eligible
How much does it cost?
You, your partner or children will each need to:
- Pay the application fee. The standard fee ranges from £464 to £1408 depending on your circumstances. The majority of EU countries are eligible for reduced fees too
- Pay the healthcare surcharge for each year of your stay. Usually £624 per year
- Prove you have enough personal savings. This is usually a minimum of £1270. You must have had it available for at least days prior to your application